Kingfisher Green Asparagus Spears425g (DW 230g)
- 6 Kingfisher Asparagus Spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g broad beans
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 200g risotto rice (e.g. carnaroli or arborio)
- 250ml white wine
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- 25g unsalted butter
- 75g Parmesan (or a similar vegetarian hard cheese), grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drain and cut the asparagus in half, then set aside. Cook the broad beans in boiling water for a 2 minutes until just tender. Drain and allow them to cool and set aside.
- For the risotto, heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the shallot and garlic until softened but not coloured. Add the rice and fry for one minute, stirring frequently, until coated in the oil. Add the wine and simmer until absorbed by the rice.
- Add the hot vegetable stock a ladleful at a time, stirring between each addition to allow the liquid to be completely absorbed, until the rice is cooked and the stock has been absorbed (you may not need all the stock). Add the asparagus, butter and Parmesan, season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well.
- To serve, divide the risotto equally among two serving dishes and top with Parmesan (grated or shavings).