Kingfisher Shredded Crab Meat145g (DW 105g)
- 450g Kingfisher Shredded Crab meat (drained)
- 40g cream crackers or Saltines
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon English mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- A dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Put the cream crackers into a plastic bag and crush into fine crumbs with a rolling pin. Put the Kingfisher Shredded Crab Meat into a bowl and add just enough of the cracker crumbs to absorb any moisture from the crab.
- Break the egg into a bowl and whisk in the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and some seasoning.
- Fold the mixture into the crab meat. Stir in the parsley. Shape the mixture into eight 7.5cm (3 inch) patties, put them on a plate, cover with cling film and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Add the crab cakes (in 2 batches if necessary) and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until crisp and richly golden. Serve with a slice of lemon or sprinkle fresh, washed, chopped parsley.