Kingfisher Tuna Chunks in Brine160g (DW 112g)
- 600g Kingfisher Tuna Chunks in Brine (drained)
- 1 sprig of fresh basil
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 4 spring onions
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 1 small lemon, zest and juice
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful round lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 2 tomatoes, washed and sliced
- 4 ciabatta or hamburger bun, to serve
- Tomato ketchup, to serve
- Mix the Kingfisher Tuna, basil, mint, spring onions, coriander, lemon zest and red chilli in a food processor or, alternatively, chop them all up together finely. Tip the mixture out on to a clean work surface and divide into four equal pieces.
- Shape the lumps of tuna – first into balls, then into burgers by patting them down with the palm of your hand. Chill the burgers in the fridge for at least half an hour to let them set.
- Heat a barbecue or griddle pan until hot. Brush the burgers on each side with a little oil and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Grill for 2 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through – the cooking will depend on how thick you made your burgers.
- Toast your buns lightly on the hot griddle pan or barbecue and make the burgers by filling each bun with a hot tuna patty, salad leaves, sliced tomato and tomato ketchup.