Lovering Foods c/o Kingfisher Foods is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with the terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data Lovering Foods collects from you, or that you provide to Lovering Foods, will be processed by Lovering Foods. Please read the following carefully to understand Lovering Foods views and practices regarding your personal data and how Lovering Foods will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Lovering Foods.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Lovering Foods may collect and process the following data about you: information that you provide by filling in forms on the website Kingfisher Foods (“Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to the service, posting material or requesting further services. Lovering Foods may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Lovering Foods, and when you report a problem with the Website. Lovering Foods may keep a record of correspondences.
Lovering Foods may also ask you to complete surveys that Lovering Foods use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
2. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Lovering Foods may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about its users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, Lovering Foods may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help Lovering Foods to improve its Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable Lovering Foods:
- to estimate its audience size and usage pattern.
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow it to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- to speed up your searches.
- to recognize you when you return to the Website.
- two types of cookies are used on our website:
Session Cookies – These are temporary cookies which only exist in the period you access the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after accessing the website). Session cookies help the Lovering Foods website remember what you chose on the previous page, thereby avoiding having to re-enter information.
Persistent Cookies – These are cookies which remain on your device after you have visited our website. These cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor (by storing a randomly generated number). The length of time a cookie will remain on your device will depend on the type of cookie. On our website, these cookies do not contain personal information, and cannot be used to identify you.
3. STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Lovering Foods uses information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from Lovering Foods or which it feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- to carry out its obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Lovering Foods.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the service, when you choose to do so.
- to notify you about changes to the service.
Lovering Foods may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you do not want Lovering Foods to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which Lovering Foods collects your data.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Lovering Foods may disclose your personal information to any member of its group, which means its subsidiaries, its ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985. Lovering Foods may disclose your personal information to third parties:
in the event that Lovering Foods sells or buys any business or assets, in which case Lovering Foods may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if Lovering Foods or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Lovering Foods will be one of the transferred assets.
- if Lovering Foods is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lovering Foods, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Lovering Foods may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about Lovering Foods goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you do not want Lovering Foods to use your data in this way, or to pass on your details on to third parties for the purposes of marketing Lovering Foods products and services, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which Lovering Foods collects your data. Lovering Foods only passes data to third parties for the purposes of our advertising and does not sell your data to unconnected third parties.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask Lovering Foods not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Lovering Foods will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if it intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Lovering Foods uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Lovering Foods at email@example.com The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Lovering Foods partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Lovering Foods does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet Lovering Foods costs in providing you with details of the information they hold about you.